Me: A 50% discount/rebate policy at the point of retail sale enables a $7.35/hr. minimum wage worker to purchase goods and services as if he/she were making $14.70/hr. and immediately doubles everyone’s potential purchasing power. Don’t be like a hard headed/reality denying neo-liberal macro-economic doink. Look at the above empirical and temporal universe reality and recognize it as paradigm changing. You’re welcome…for the opportunity to see a new reality and think a new thought which is a rare occurrence in life.
- yoshinori shiozawa October 20, 2021 at 6:38 pm Reply
- Dear Craig,
are you sure that your policy plan is based on a good theory based on evidence?
Measurement without theory was dangerous as Koopmans argued. However, a policy without theory is much more dangerous.
- Craig October 21, 2021 at 4:43 am
- Yoshi, My theoretics are the very same as the heterodox thinking of MMTer’s Monetary Sovereignty, Steve Keen’s Minsky Financial Instability Hypothesis, Michael Hudson’s Financial Parasitism et al. However, as I have repeatedly stated here for years (and the afore mentioned theoreticians [unconsciously] confirm) the actual/deeper problem is the present monetary and financial paradigm which parasitically dominates and manipulates virtually all other commercial and individual agents. My contribution is recognizing the present paradigm and, by a study of historical paradigm changes, discovering the signatures of new paradigm concepts and thus the new one required in money and finance. The new paradigm fits seamlessly within the heterodox theories above and all but the most misaligned current economic structures, and in fact effectively integrates their goals into the economy while enabling many other solutions than they have considered possible.
- yoshinori shiozawa October 21, 2021 at 1:43 pm
- I only know that you repeatedly insisted your policy plan. Having heterodox picture and having a good heterodox theory are two different things.
- Craig October 21, 2021 at 6:41 pm
- Logic is logic. If the theoretics of the heterodox reformers I mentioned above conceptually align with the new paradigm of monetary grace as in gifting…then they are aligned. And, if the new paradigm resolves the problems theorists want to solve and enables even more beneficial things than those theorists currently think are possible…then they better get on the bandwagon for the new paradigm or at best they risk logical failure and at worst some hidden or unconscious agenda.