Yep. Yep. Yep. Just another thing that monetary sovereignty can bestow.
One of the things this nation also needs is to go after Big AG and the criminal way they have depleted the soil of nutrients so that an apple (and every other fruit and vegetable) now only has 20% of the vitamin and mineral levels they had 40-50 years ago. Also, the pharmaceutical industry that took glyphosate which was originally an anto-biotic and sprayed it EVERYWHERE and its killing our microbiome and helping to create the epidemics of diabetes and auto-immune diseases we see afflicting a high percentage of the American population.
Big AG, the pharma corps and the sugar lobby REALLY need to be re-worked and punished severely if they don’t wake up and stop slowly poisoning us. I know. I used to be a believer in allopathic medicine, but the cutting edge of science is nutrion and the microbiome. I was a sugar addict all my life. Thats on me. However, when I gave up 99% of sugar and began to eat nothing but organic vegs and fruits I lost 45lbs., got off several of my meds after the doctor almost fainted when my A1C went from 8.7 to 4.2 and I’ve got a spring in my step I hadn’t had in 30 years.
One of the things we could do to both de-centralize our food system and save water is incentivise quasi-universal organic gardening and the process of turning grass yards into such food gardens. We need to do this like yesterday because when the soil is worthless…its a survival problem.
Oh yeah, and a 50% Discount/Rebate policy at retail sale is again the beginning of the end of the “inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon” fallacy touted by the conservative and libertarian right and the beginning of real teeth in a climate change agenda that is also needed yesterday. :))
Regardless of whether or not our tax dollars pay for government, the fact of the monetarily sovereign nature of our currency makes the paying reality moot. This is especially so when the 50% Discount/Rebate policy at retail sale is implemented because with simple and easily enforceable regulation that policy all by itself forever eliminates the harm caused by price and asset inflation which is the primary justification for fiscal austerity by conservative and libertarian economic pundits.
Being the wholistic/operant concept level of analysis for an entire pattern/complexity it is in complete conceptual opposition to science’s reductive methodology.
Also, paradigms are long term acculturated/habituated “things” which, like breathing, makes them largely unconscious phenomena and hence all the more difficult to perceive and realize the significance thereof.
The realization of the power and significance of a monetary policy of a 50% Discount/Rebate policy at the point of retail sale is the equivalent of both Gallileo’s observation of the moons of Jupiter and Kepler’s discovery of elliptical orbits because it clarifies the new paradigm concept and makes everything in multiple systems and bodies of knowledge work better and work for the benefit of all.
It changes everything and resolves the major problems that have grown up around the present monetary and financial paradigm of Debt Only as the sole form and vehicle for the creation and/or distribution of new money.
Retail sale is universally participated in. Thus a 50% discount to the price of virtually every consumer good or service has the macro-economic effect of:
- ending any possibility of inflation, immediately doubles everyone’s purchasing power and
- potentially doubles the demand for every enterprise’s goods and services.
- It makes everything work much, much bettter, makes the system serve mankind instead of having to slavishly serve the system.
- It enables many more “knock on” benefits like the great reduction and even elimination of many taxes.
- It also enables the effective use of taxation to prevent and/or to stop attempts to game and de-stabilize the new monetary and financial paradigm because it enables the ethical and humane administration of the aspect of the natural philosophical concept of grace known as sovereignty, that is, the ethically guided and redeemed use of power.
- Because it ends inflation forever it enables the kind of fiscal deficits necessary to confront and handle climate change
- Paired with cultural programs that align with the natural philosophical concept of grace it will have major positive sociolgical and psychological effects on the individual and society.
- As everyone daily and sometimes multiple times daily participates in retail sale this single policy creates a solid temporal universe infrastructure for the conscious (or even the unconscious) self actualization of gratitude, which is a major aspect of the natural philosophical concept of grace, and so could be a major step in the permanent raising of human psychology/spirituality and the elimination of a major hurdle to the attainment of a new zeitgeist from Only Power, Profit and Control to Redeemed Power, Profit and Control.
- It could be the next mega-paradigm change of which there has only been two or three in the entire history of the human species (The emergence of self awareness in hominids and hence the birth of homo sapiens sapiens, The change from nomadic hunting and gathering to agriculture, homesteading and urbanization and possibly cybernation and artificial intelligence)
As love is:
1) the universally recognized highest spiritual value,
2) grace/graciousness is the active and personal form of love,
3) policy is the action of systems
4) unity is a major and yet neglected aspect of grace (primarily because science has become a quasi-monopolistic paradigm for intellectual inquiry) [this is not a critique of science itself, merely the recognition that its reductive method has become quasi-monopolistic and hence a problem specifically because this tends to inhibit both consciousness of and utilization of the unitarian aspect of the natural philosophical concept of grace and
5) Finally, it can be historically verified that all paradigm changes have always been both mental realizations and temporal universe applications of aspects of the natural philosophical concept of grace.
Then: the temporal universe application of the policies of the new monetary and financial paradigm may become a major moment in the conscious realization of the natural philosophical concept of grace leading to a potential union of the presently largely supposed opposite realities of science and spirituality.
We live in a continual mileu of an electro-magnetic flux. We being our human attention, and that integrated thoroughly with such flux is the higher consciousness that all of the world’s wisdom traditions point to as the experience of god.
Grace isn’t always pleasant, but it IS always ecstatic. For instance if you cut your finger badly the pain may be unpleasant, but your conscious experience of it is constructive, instructive and even soothing.
The dollar is backed by the full faith of the US government and its productive capabilities and hence is safe so long as the government doesn’t end. Fiat is essentially perfectly ok so long as we don’t irradiate each other or allow some other chaos like the Trump idiocracy.
And of course if you want to resolve all of our major economic problems and usher in a mega-paradigm change in profit making economic systems you should drop your orthodoxies and mind filters and advocate for the new monetary and financial paradigm of Direct and Reciprocal Monetary Gifting. Do you want to be a Copernican or die as a Ptolemaic economic pundit and delay the greatest progressive moment in economic history. Dare to think outside of the box.
Me: All very correct analysis of the money making process, but what is to stop Finance in its greediness from continuing to dominate the system and eventually destabilizing it by overwhelming it with private debt? Is Debt Only always going to be the last word as the sole form and vehicle for the creation and distribution of money to the individual and to commercial agents? Or might a number of efficacious ways to integrate monetary gifting into the debt only system be a way to permanently reset the economy, attain and maintain a more humane social contract and perhaps most importantly resign inflation to the dust bin of economic theory?
I’ve always been nostalgic. So I figured why not imbue the moment with the fondness I’ve always felt for the past. Hence the new word “nowstalgia” or a fondness and appreciation for each present moment. Another way to self actualize the experience of grace/gratitude.
Me: Roger, your intellectual history is very similar to my own. It’s the rare bird that is willing and able to change its mind despite its upbringing. I have found that the thing that keeps the mind open is the intellectual mindset of wisdom which is the integrative intellectual impulse/mindset itself. Paradigms, like wisdom insights are deep simplicities in that they express the operant/most significant concept of an entire pattern. Thus it follows logically that if we analyze on the paradigmatic level, that is on the single operant conceptual level we will be analyzing with wisdom…and all of the intellectual power thereof.
RMW: Or briefly, facts matter.
Me: Oh yes, facts absolutely matter, but ultimately the reductionistic and iconoclastic nature of the scientific paradigm often fails to find solutions that are more than mere palliations of a current paradigm. That’s one of the reasons why its difficult to perceive a genuine paradigm concept because understanding a simplicity/single concept that changes an entire complexity/pattern is counter-intuitive and seemingly illogical. As I say science is wonderful, necessary and delicious…and it exists entirely within the digestive tract of wisdom…which is actually the superlative human intellectual discipline.
Yes again Roger, but the fact that we live in a fiat monetary system and can’t go broke because we create our own currency is not the operant problematic concept. Its a very important concept to understand because it breaks the spell of the false belief that says private debt and public debt both need to be paid back.
But what is going to end private debt from (historically) always overwhelming the domestic economy as Steve Keen, Michael Hudson and David Graeber have shown? An iron rule that occurs because Finance always becomes entrenched and so powerful that it dominates the rest of the economy to the detrimant to society. That’s why the paradigm of Debt Only as the sole form and vehicle for the creation and distribution of money to individuals and commercial agents needs to have the new paradigm of Monetary Gifting integrated into the debt only system. Instead of waiting to let Finance become vested and dominant by only having occasional debt forgiveness you integrate price deflation beneficially into the economic process at retail sale with a 50% discount/rebate policy and integrate debt jubilee into the same process with a 25-50% debt jubilee at the point of loan signing. These two policies not only end austerity they end inflation forever and do not allow Finance’s Debt Only paradigm overwhelm the economy.